Keeping Good Oral Health at Home
Your mouth is an important part of your body. Anyone who has had a tooth injury, canker sore, or other issue with their mouth knows that oral health troubles can be extremely difficult to deal with and uncomfortable. Good oral health is a combination of genetics, habits, and regular dental checkups. Starting your oral health routine from home will ensure your teeth and gums stay healthy for years. Schedule your appointment with a family dentist in West Kelowna to get you and your family on the road to a lifetime of beautiful smiles and good oral health.
5 Tips for a Good Oral Hygiene Routine
It seems straightforward, but brushing up on the steps for a good oral hygiene routine will pay off with strong teeth, healthy gums and fresh breath. Follow these 5 tips to get your family flashing healthy smiles:
- Floss – It often gets treated as an afterthought to brushing your teeth, but flossing daily is critical to maintaining healthy teeth and gums. The bristles of your toothbrush can’t get all the food particles between your teeth, and if they are left unattended to, they can become a breeding ground for bacteria that leads to tooth decay and gum disease.
- Eat Healthy – A diet that is rich in fruits, vegetables and whole grains will help clean your teeth and support your health from the inside out. Processed foods, pop and candy are often filled with sugar and can leave harmful residues on your teeth. Choosing calcium-rich foods like milk and yogurt will also strengthen your enamel.
- Stay Hydrated – Drink a lot of water throughout the day to keep food particles away from your teeth. Drinking water also promotes saliva production, which keeps your gum tissues and teeth moist and help limit the development of bacteria.
- Straighten Teeth – When your teeth are straight, they are easier to care for. The more uniform your teeth, the less places food particles have to stick to and the less opportunity bacteria has to form. Contact your orthodontist in West Kelowna to find the best teeth-straightening option for you or your family.
- Visit the Dentist – Preventative care is much better than getting intensive dental procedures completed. Visiting your dentist regularly will ensure you catch minor issues before they become bigger problems.
New Look Dental offers dental services in West Kelowna for you and your entire family. We are welcoming new patients of all ages and would be happy to help you design a comprehensive oral healthcare routine that suits your unique dental concerns. Have questions about keeping up a good oral care routine at home? Contact New Look Dental clinic to schedule your regular teeth cleaning appointments, for cosmetic dentistry or other specialized treatments. Our team of professional and friendly staff is here to provide you with all the dental services you need.